Issuance of New Passports for Newly Born Children
Birth should be registered at a Sri Lanka Mission abroad (please see under Registration of Birth for more details)
- Duly completed (Form ‘K’- 35 A) application form.
- Three (03) passport size (4.5c.m.x 3.5c.m.) color photographs in blue back drop
- Child’s original overseas birth certificate and its English translation if it is issued by other language other than Sri Lanka and should be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in relevant country.
- Originals and Copies of parents current passports (Data page, observation/alteration pages and child inclusion pages)
- Valid visa of parents at the time of child birth in the Turkey /Ukraine /Georgia. Turkish/Ukraine/Georgian Passport & the Dual Citizenship certificate if the applicant is a dual citizen
- Parent’s original Marriage Certificate and its English translation if it is issued by the country other than Sri Lanka and should be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in relevant country.
- Consent letter signed by both parents giving their consent to issue a separate passport to the minor.
- Either Father or mother (Sri Lankan citizen ) should be appear in the Embassy by personal.
- Payment receipt for Birth and Citizenship registration
- The Prescribed Fee:
|All countries passport (for 10 years)
|Minor Passport ( for 3 years)